The Middle School grade band incorporates transition skills in these areas:
- Life Skills Applications lessons (4, 6, 8, 10, 12). These skills are reflected in the Instructional Targets on the Lesson Plans, for example, Self-Advocacy, Social Skills, Work Skills, Problem Solving etc.
- The Core Materials provide a foundation for the routine activities in the Middle School classroom, addressing transitional skills including communication, employability, self-advocacy, social strategies and daily living. Refer to the lesson plans within the Core Materials section of the website.
- The Transition Connections located in the Monthly Tools - this document shows the lessons with transition skills link.
- Unique Learning System GPS (Core Rubrics) Assessment that addresses the transition readiness skill areas of employability, communication, self-advocacy, daily living, and social strategies.
- The Transition Planning assessment in the GPS.
- The Transition Passport is a personal collection of supporting transition information that is essential for young adults to move into an effective system of transition planning. The Transition Passport includes four sections: Vocational, Daily Living, Personal Life and Community.