This complimentary online orientation, integrated into your learning platform and available 24/7, is designed to support your initial implementation and efficiently train every new teacher or service provider.
- Pro Tip: Submit your certificate to school leadership when complete.
Review the publication schedule and Planning section to ensure you are using materials while they are available.
- Pro Tip: Add News-2-You as a block when creating your Classroom Schedule.
Students can not access Student View for News-2-You until they have been added, seated, and have a Student Login method.
- Pro Tip: Students you have already created for other n2y solutions will already be available, but may need to be seated via the Student Applications button to access News-2-You.
Each weekly newspaper issue is supported by a variety of enrichment activities and interactive games found in the Activity section of News-2-You. The activities aid in enhancing content understanding and provide review material to keep students engaged in their studies all week. They are provided in a differentiated format to include ALL levels of learners.
Review Pre-Made Lesson Plans, Lesson at a Glance and the Suggested Weekly Plan
Resources such as the Suggested Weekly Plan and News-2-You Lesson Plans are provided to assist in planning and instruction.
- Pro Tip: Use the Unique Curriculum document for suggested links between the weekly News-2-You articles and the Unique Learning System monthly topic. Service providers must have a subscription to both solutions in order to take advantage of this connection.
Use Today’s Weather to start your day and practice basic decision-making skills with your unique learners.
- Pro Tip: Select the PDF icon below the word “Download” on the Activities page to download all of the activities at once.
The Breaking News section is reserved for the latest news stories in the categories of World News, Sports News, and Entertainment News.
Class News is an interactive activity designed for classroom involvement in conjunction with the News-2-You weekly topic. With this online activity, students can create their very own newspaper. Class News uses a series of interactive screens that will keep your classroom involved, thinking, and communicating about the world around them.
- Pro Tip: Use the Activity Leveling Information document at the top of the Activities page to quickly find activities at differentiated levels (just like in Unique Learning System). Pair it with the PDF download for quick printing.
- Pro Tip: Use the tabs to look for updates in all three categories.
Joey's Locker is an interactive center that contains online games, a symbol-supported non-fiction book, and an interactive game-like activity with a geographical focus.
Week 5 & Beyond
- Pro Tip: Explore the Extra Materials section to expand on activities.
- Pro Tip: News-2-You is designed to be service provider-led, with the highest level of content presented first, followed by the level appropriate for individual instruction. This practice aids in building literacy skills for unique learners. Our site has been structured to help reflect this.
- Pro Tip: The second page has a template to create your own Weekly Plan.