The Lessons and Materials in Unique Learning System® are designed to be presented in a variety of ways to support each student's individual needs for modification. They include options to use interactively online (iDoc) or in a printed version (PDF). Some activities work well online when approaching learning in a group setting, like the leveled book activity. Others, including recurring activities, will be better suited as PDF documents for printing.
It can be helpful to use the previous month to plan for presenting materials in both formats. The All Lesson Plans and Activities downloads can be helpful tools to review the unit while planning and deciding the best approach for each lesson.
The Printing Guide
The Printing Guide, located in the Tools section at the bottom of the Monthly Lesson in ULS, provides page ranges for each level or section of the activity. Use this guide to print the pages needed for instruction. Additionally, the guide gives suggestions on how each part of an activity might be presented best (laminated, card stock, color vs. black and white). Here are some general guidelines on how the formats are designed:
In the PDF, the answers are included on a printable page to cut apart and use as manipulative cards.
Articles in this section
- How Does the Profile Connect to a Student's IEP?
- What type of assessments are there in Unique Learning System? What is the difference between a Monthly Checkpoint and a Benchmark Assessment?
- Why Doesn't the Reading Observation Cover Level A or aa?
- Why is my student getting a "Keep working" or "I am Done" message in Student View?
- Why aren't my schedule updates reflected on the My Plan? / How Do I Start the My Plan Over?
- Why is My Student Seeing the Wrong Level of Book in Student View?
- How Can I Update My Trial to Summer?
- How can my students see the same lessons from day to day?
- Can I View Lesson Completion for All of My Students At Once?
- Can I Assign Homework for a Week? I Want it to be Available for More than One Day.