3. Plan for Instruction and Assessment
All skills tracked on the individual are listed in the Individual Tracked Skills area of the GPS.
- Click on a skill to view the reports, suggested strategies and assessments related to the skill.
The graph at the top of the skill area plots any assessment results related to the skill. The report can be manipulated by adding or removing any of the assessments using the Toggle Graph button.
- The present level of performance and suggested strategies for the skill are taken directly from the Profile selection that the educational team gave when completing the Profile.
- The Skill Goal section is designed for the team to write the goal for the student related to the skill. This goal is most likely the same goal written in the student's IEP.
The Related materials area shows all the relative standards, assessments, lessons and other activities related to the skill, including News-2-You® materials and SymbolStix PRIME™ boards/templates.
- The Benchmark Assessments show recent results of completed assessments related to the skill. These are also clickable and teachers can run the assessment right from this area. The Benchmark Assessments should be selected based on the appropriateness for the student's differentiated level and present level of performance. For more information about each assessment, please refer to the administration guide.
- An analysis report may be provided for the Monthly Checkpoints if that skill is addressed in the pre- and post-assessments. The question, item number and results of that section are shown with a quick look report.
- The monthly lessons, Core Materials, and other suggested activities are clickable and either take you right to the lesson on the site or download the individual file.