The High School grade band incorporates transition skills in these areas:
- Life Skills Applications lessons (4, 6, 8, 10, 12). These skills are reflected in the Instructional Targets on the lesson plans, for example, Self-Advocacy, Social Skills, Work Skills and Problem Solving.
- The Core Materials provide a foundation for routine activities in the classroom by addressing transitional skills including communication, employability, self-advocacy, social strategies and daily living. Refer to the lesson plans within the Core Materials section of Unique Learning System®.
- The Transition Connections located in the Monthly Tools shows ULS lessons with transition skills link.
- Unique Learning System GPS - Core Rubrics: Assessment that addresses the transition readiness skill areas of employability, communication, self-advocacy, daily living, and social strategies.
- Unique Learning System GPS - Transition Profile looks at transition-related skills for older students as they approach adult living and work. The skills addressed in the Transition Profile are employability, daily living, community, personal living and lifelong learning.
- Unique Learning System GPS - Transition Planning provides information that will assist the student and teaching team in moving from academic learning in early grades and into the application of skills and personal preferences for transition years.
- The Transition Passport is a personal collection of supporting information that is essential to allow young adults to move into an effective system of transition planning. The Transition Passport includes four sections: Vocational, Daily Living, Personal Life and Community.