Administrators and Subscription Managers have slightly different abilities when it comes to managing students. If you are the main Administrator you should also be a Subscription Manager. If you are not, please reach out to your current Subscription Manager to assign this role. As a Subscription Manager you will have additional views to manage students as well as the ability to export a .csv list of all students in your subscription.
Administrators can search for individual students by typing the student’s first and/or last name in the search box at the top of the Faculty & Students page.
To view all students on a particular faculty member’s roster, search for the first and/or last name of the faculty member, and select their name. A list of all of the students reporting to that faculty member will appear in a box at the top of the screen.
To view available students on the dropped list, select any teacher and scroll to the bottom of the page to view the dropped list.
The status of each student will appear under their name. Statuses may include:
- In a Classroom: This status indicates the student is a classroom in your subscription.
- Dropped: This status indicates the student is in the drop list of your subscription and listed in the available of students to pick up by teachers.
- Partially Dropped: This status indicates that the student is in a classroom that is no longer part of your subscription.
- Pro-tip: You may use the “Reassign” option to reassign the student to a different classroom.
Select the action arrow next to the desired student to complete one of the actions below:
- Add: Select add to assign the roster of the faculty member listed at the top of the page.
*Add is only available for students who are dropped or partially dropped. To change the roster a student is on, use the Reassign button instead.
- Edit: Select edit to update the details of a student including the student’s name.
- Pro-tip: This particularly useful for differentiating duplicate students.
- Remove: Select remove to remove a student from your subscription. Please note that is irreversible and you will lose all accessibility to the student data.
- Reassign: Select reassign to select assign a student to a specific Administrator, Sub-Administrator, or teacher.
*Please note that Sub-Administrators and Administrators can access the student data of teachers under them.
- Drop & Move Up: Select drop and move up to drop the student and move them up to the Sub-Administrator or Administrator directly above the teacher. Dropping the student make available for teachers to pick up from the list of available students. Students that are dropped and moved up will still be available to to Sub-Administrators and Administrators for reporting purposes.
- Move Up: Select move up to change a partially dropped student to report to the Sub-Administrator or Administrator that was previously above the teacher. This will not make the student available for other teachers to add, only accessible to the administrator for reporting purposes.
*Move up is only available for partially dropped students.