This complimentary online orientation, integrated into your learning platform and available 24/7 is designed to support your initial implementation and efficiently train every new teacher or service provider.
- Pro Tip: Submit your certificate to school leadership when complete.
This basic schedule information is necessary to unlock many features within the Unique Learning System. It will also translate to other n2y solutions when applicable with no additional work.
Begin Using in Classroom:
From the Search menu, you can search for symbols based on keywords or actions.
- Pro Tip: Try changing the locale for additional language options or select Show Adult Symbols to create materials subjects like adult health.
Creating a Collection from the Unique Learning System monthly unit or the weekly News2you issue is a quick way to utilize materials containing symbols centralized around a specific topic.
- Pro Tip: Make a weekly reminder to create a collection of News2you symbols and a monthly reminder to create a collection of Unique Learning System symbols. The symbols that display on the home page change with the current topic for each subscription.
There are many pre-made templates that can help you quickly create activities to support your students, such as vocabulary strips, math sets, or level 1 questions.
- Pro Tip: Create a Custom Board and explore advanced features that allow you to auto-generate symbols or combine symbols.
Familiarize yourself with SymbolStix PRIME components:
A Collection is a group of saved symbols. Grouping symbols can help you organize your prized symbols for use in the creation of activities in the Board Wizard. Consider creating collections to support unique learners’ communication needs, such as Rob’s communication device, or to support classroom periods or projects such as, “morning math class” or “volcano science experiment.”
- Pro Tip: Collections can be selected when creating a board to quickly populate a set of symbols. When using a template, an activity can be created in just 4 clicks!
Assign boards to students to make them visible in Student View.
- Pro Tip: Assign a Folder to a student to assign all of the Boards inside of it at once.
The 90,000+ dynamic, engaging, and personally relevant education symbols in the SymbolStix PRIME database grow weekly! Continue to check back often to grow your personal collection of favorites.
Save time by quickly sending a copy of materials to others.
- Pro Tip: This feature must be enabled by your Administrator.