This complimentary online orientation integrated into your learning platform is available 24/7 and is designed to support your initial implementation and efficiently train every new teacher or service provider.
- Pro Tip: Submit your certificate to school leadership when complete.
This basic schedule information is necessary to unlock many features within Unique Learning System. It will also translate to other n2y solutions when applicable with no additional work.
By utilizing the schedule you have already provided, you can update your My Plan on your Teacher Dashboard. This will provide one comprehensive place to manage your day and easily automate delivery of lessons for your students in Student View.
- Pro Tip: Export Lesson Plans and submit to school leadership when complete.
You will need to add students to your account. With the addition of each student you will be automatically prompted to create a profile.
- Pro Tip: Be sure not to skip steps for Student Login and seating your students during this process.
From the Teacher Dashboard you will find personalized lesson plans that reflect your schedule, show your state standards, and as an added bonus, can be printed.
The Student Login feature gives students independent access to Student View. Materials will automatically be displayed at the appropriate differentiated level for each subject as determined by the student’s profile.
Monthly Checkpoint Assessments are presented in a screening assessment format with a sampling of questions that may assist teachers in identifying instructional goals as well as monitoring a level of growth following instruction.
- Pro Tip: Review the lesson plans to be sure not to skip any activities that may be indicated as print-only from the Lesson at a Glance page.
Unique Learning System provides data on Student Daily Performance by providing the ability to record Daily Scores & Observations for scorable lesson activities. It allows service providers to see a well-rounded view of their unique learner's progress.
- Pro-Tip: Visit the Teacher Reference Materials to explore the Math Packs.
- Pro Tip: Use the Lesson Report in the My Reports section to ensure that state standards are being addressed.
Week 5 and Beyond
- Pro Tip: View the Instructional Tips document for examples on how to use the lessons.
Each area is graphed and displayed for the current year. The graph shows pre- and post-assessment scores for quick comparison and progression analysis. The percentage of increase is also displayed beneath each month when both the pre- and post-tests are completed.
Benchmark Assessments in Unique Learning System are modified performance tools that provide data on selected skill areas. Service providers may select the areas of assessments that are appropriate for an individual unique learner. Baseline data is generated from each assessment that can be compared to monitor growth over a period of time.
- Pro Tip: The educational team should make decisions on which assessments will be the most useful for each student. It is not realistic or beneficial that a student is assessed with every Benchmark in the GPS each school year. The Benchmark Assessments are provided in a variety of areas and should be selected based on the student's current needs for assessment and instruction.