This year’s Summer unit theme is “Let’s Go to Summer Camp”. The unit is designed to allow students to experience what it is like to go away to summer camp. Students learn about planning and packing for camp, as well as making new friends at camp. They also learn about camping safety, make a variety of camp-themed crafts and foods and participate in related recreational activities. The unit addresses the transition skills of problem solving, self-advocacy and recreation and leisure.
- Exploring the great outdoors through hiking and nature walks
- Building a camp flagpole, a cabin and/or sit-upons
- Making ice cream in a can
- Experimenting with Sun-baked s’mores
- Participating in Summer Camp Field Day activities
The complete supply list of the Summer unit will be coming soon.