Student View must be configured for each student to ensure that they see the desired materials when logging in. Student View requires an initial configuration and can then be updated as needed based on changes in a student's current abilities. Once the Student View is configured, you do not need to re-configure each month.
Student View and Teacher Dashboard
How Does Student View Work With the Teacher Dashboard?
Once plans are configured through the Teacher Dashboard, Student View will automatically load the Teacher’s My Plan or Individual Student Plan content according to the order of the schedule set for that day (an exception being library books assigned from Configure Student View which appear every day). The content for the Monthly Unit displays in Student View based on the start and end dates set for the unit by the teacher.
Student View is grouped by My Activities and My Library Books. Using the Teacher Dashboard, your students now see relevant content each day to follow along with the classroom schedule.
How Does Student View Work If I Don’t Set Up a Classroom Schedule?
If plans are not created in Teacher Dashboard, Student View will default to the configured Student View settings. The current Monthly Unit content will display in lesson order 1 through 30 and will be live on the first Wednesday of the month.
Configuring Student View
To configure Student View:
- Select My Students from the menu.
- Select the student by clicking on their picture.
- Select the Unique Learning System Settings tab at the bottom of the page.
- Select the Configure Student View Button.
Student View allows service providers to have control over the view of the lesson for each student. You can accept generated default levels for your students based on the differentiated level determined in the profile. When accepting defaults, the lessons will still need to be configured since books use a leveling system rather than differentiated levels. The Student Profile must be completed before you are able to set up Student View.
- The Accessibility Settings tab allows you to adjust the reading speed, enable or disable text to speech, provide highlighting options, and update interactivity and view settings.
- The Reading Level Priority will allow you to set priority order for book levels. Each month, when new lessons are released, our system will automatically match book levels available in a lesson to the best option for the student. To set, select the arrow to the right of the ideal level for your student's needs to move it to the top. Use the drag handles to make any further adjustments. If you are unsure of what level is best, reference the Leveled Books document and/or Benchmark Reading Level Assessment linked on the right-hand side of the page.
- Pro Tip: Select the Use Symbol Supported Version When Available check box in order to provide symbol supported reading pages in Inspire Classics.
- The Override Differential Level Settings section will let you override the default Differentiated level set by the profile if you need to set it for a specific lesson for a student.
- The Inspire Differential Level Settings section only appears if you have a license for the Inspire Classics add-on. This tab allows you to select differentiated level settings for each student in Inspire Classics.
- Pro Tip: Level 4 indicates a unique learner who is working toward general ed standards vs. extended standards. Level 4 learners will be expected to determine answers using context clues vs. referencing materials.
- The Manage Library Books allows you to assign n2y Library books to your student to access through Student View. More information on assigning books can be found here: How do I Assign Library Books in Student View?
- The Show/Hide Lessons for Student only appears if your My Plan has not been set up. This tab allows you to choose which lessons to assign to your student for the selected month. The Select All and Deselect All buttons are available to make configuring student view quick and easy