Students must be added to your GPS (for a complete walkthrough on adding students, click here) before creating a student login link. After students are added, follow the guide below to:
- Enable student login capabilities
- Add login to student devices
- Log in with students
Enable Student Login Settings
Students must have student login enabled to gain access to the monthly lessons in student view. Teachers can enable student login for an individual student, or all of the students they own at once.
To enable student login setting for an individual student:
1. Log into your account and open the My Students tab in the left-side menu.
2. Select the desired student.
3. Set Login Settings to Text Password.
4. Type a password in the Enter Password section.
5. Retype the same password in the Confirm Password section.
6. Click the Set New Password Button.
To enable student logins for all the students in your roster:
1. Select any student.
2. Toggle the Select All Owned Students button.
3. Toggle the Auto-Generate Password button to the desired setting.
4. Click the Enable For All button.
Enabling auto-generate password will create passwords for each student. Disabling auto-generated passwords will allow teachers to create individual passwords for each student. n2y recommends taking a screen shot or otherwise noting the passwords for each student during this step.
Adding Login to Student Devices
Teachers need to create a link unique to their classroom for student logins. A shortcut can be added to the desktop or homepage of each device.
To create a link:
1. Open the My Students tab in the left-side menu.
2. Select the button located on the right-hand side of the page
3. The Student Login Link window will display. Click the button.
4. Newly created as well as previously generated links will appear in the Student Login Links section. Teachers have the option to copy the link , view make a shortcut or delete the link .
Note that classroom login links expire one year after creation. New links will need to be generated each year for each device that will be using student login.
Logging in With Students
Once a link has been added to a device, student sign in is simple. Note that teachers must be logged out of n2y.com before students log in.
A link must first be created in Unique Learning System before entering Student View. Click here for instructions on setting student login link configurations. Once a link has been added to a device, student sign-in is simple. Note that teachers must be logged out of n2y.com before students log in.
Students can log in by completing the following steps:
1. Select the shortcut from the desktop or use a saved bookmark through the browser.
2. Select their picture.
3. Enter their password.
4. Click Sign In.
Students will then be able to access student view.