n2y is adding a new feature called, Summer Teacher, to Unique Learning System over the summer months. This additional feature is complementary with your subscription, does not require a license and can be added by a subscription manager. If you or your staff already have a license with Unique Learning System, the summer unit will be available without the need for any changes.
The Summer Teacher is meant to address the needs of educators outside of the standard academic year including:
- Licensed subscribers that have late or early start dates for the academic year and need content for June and/or August.
- Users who are teaching through an extended school year (ESY) and may need access to grade bands that are not part of the regular subscription.
- Users who are teaching through ESY with a mix of students that may not be in their class during the school year.
- Unlicensed users that are teaching ESY for a district and need access to multiple grade bands and a wide range of students.
Beginning May 1, Subscription Managers will have the ability to add a Summer Teacher if the teacher is not already a licensed user of Unique Learning System. A licensed user will have access to all of the standard features of Unique Learning System along with all grade bands.
The Summer Teacher will still be able to access the summer unit with an n2y login. This login will have limited access to Unique Learning System features including:
- Home menu
- Goals, Preference and Skills (GPS), Observational Profiles, Checkpoints and Student View configuration.
- My Students
- Summer Teachers can create new students and share students from their usual owner.
- Summer Unit Monthly Lessons
- iDocs and PDFs will be available in the Monthly Lessons without watermarks.
- n2y Library
- Teacher Reference Materials
How to Add a Summer Teacher
Subscription Managers can use the following instructions to apply a Summer Teacher license.
- Log into your n2y account as a Subscription Manager and navigate to the Subscription Dashboard.
- Select My Subscriptions on the Subscription Dashboard.
- Select View Users on the Unique Learning System subscription.
- Select Add User.
- The Add User menu will open. Select Summer Only Teacher and enter their email address.
Sharing Students for Summer Teachers
Summer Teachers will have the ability to add new students or share students with other teachers in ESY. This feature is available to address mixed classrooms and grade bands that are common in a summer classroom.
Please note: The ESY Summer Teacher will want to search for their students prior to creating a new student or requesting to share a new student. Only the teacher who has the student in their classroom from the previous academic year can share the student with the Summer Teacher. Your administrator also has the ability to move students between classrooms. For more information, click here.
At the conclusion of the summer unit, make sure to drop or unshare students that are added to a Summer Teacher. This will allow teachers in the next academic year to add the students into their class
To share a student:
- Log into Unique Learning System and select the My Students tab from the left-side menu.
- Select the student you would like to share.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and select the yellow Add Share button.
- The Share Student With Teacher(s) screen will appear. Select Show All Available Teachers.
- Click the green circle to share the student with another teacher, or select multiple circles to share with additional teachers.
- Once a teacher has been shared, a green box will appear confirming that the student has been shared with a specific teacher.
- When exiting the Share Student With Teacher(s) screen, My Students will display. At the bottom of My Students, there will be a confirmation of the teacher(s) that you have shared a student with.