What do I do with duplicate student profiles?
What if I have a student transferring from another district?
How do I merge duplicate profiles?
Managing Duplicate Student Profiles:
Duplicate student profiles can occur when students are transferred from another district or added in error. With the help of an administrator, a teacher can easily clean up duplicate student profiles by following these instructions for managing duplicate student data in Unique Learning System’s® Goals, Preferences and Skills (GPS).
Organizing Student Profiles:
A teacher should examine duplicate student profiles with the help of an administrator. Once a list of duplicate student profiles is created, an administrator should assign all duplicate student profiles to the teacher who is managing the accounts. In order to distinguish between the duplicates, students can be renamed (for example, Joe Smith; Joe Smith - DELETE ME!).
Instructions for Deleting Duplicate Student Profiles:
- Log into your n2y account as an Administrator .
- Open Faculty & Students from the Administration menu.
- Use the search bar to enter the student’s name to find all entries for that student.
- Examine all duplicate student profiles that appear in the search results.
- If a student profile has no data, have the administrator delete the student profile. Note: A student must be listed in the teacher roster in order for the administrator to delete them.
- If a student profile has minimal data, print the reports and set aside.
- Choose one of the duplicate profiles to keep and have the administrator delete the others.
- Manually add the data from the printed reports to the remaining student profile, if necessary.