Quick, accurate and easy access to your staff’s data is key to determining a successful implementation of Unique Learning System in your district. Depending on your district’s goals for utilizing Unique Learning System, the Staff Usage and Summary Report report can provide you with the insight for additional Professional Development, resources, or coaching needs. Once you determine areas for improvement, you can drill down to a specific service provider's or student’s data with the accompanying reports in the Administrator tool.
To successfully implement Unique Learning System, we recommend all of your users:
- Add all of their students to the GPS (be sure to check the Dropped Students List).
- Complete a new profile on each student annually.
- Assign the monthly Checkpoints (pre- and post-assessments) with each monthly unit by a certain date. To view our suggested Assessment Schedule click here.
- Identify and administer appropriate benchmark assessments based on suggestions from a student’s profile.
- Schedule time for school leadership to observe the classroom using our Observation guide.
Unique Learning System has taken the guesswork out of daily instruction by providing service providers with all of the tools necessary to be successful. Our lessons align with your state’s educational standards, provide fun activities to keep students engaged, and include directions on how to teach at different learning levels. Our Suggested Monthly Plan provides service providers with a template to establish monthly routines, including examples of how to sequence and pace the lessons with scaffolding for maximum impact.
As the subscription’s administrator, tracking the completion of these tasks will allow you to measure the level of implementation of Unique Learning System, coach your staff to use it to benefit students, and work toward educational growth. To review these milestones, we recommend using the Staff Usage Summary Export report.
This report will allow you to:
- Select the specific set of staff you would like to review by individual, Sub-Administrator group, grade band or status.
- Select the specific time frame in weekly increments.
- Export to a .csv file to share with district leadership, board members and stakeholders.
- Include staff’s username, grade band, and group assignment.
Generating the Staff Usage and Summary Export
- Begin by signing in to your n2y account as an Administrator.
- Select the Administration icon.
- Open the menu on the left side of the screen and select Reports.
- Select Staff Login and Usage Reports.
- This menu gives an Administrator a range of reports to view. Select Staff Usage Summary Export to view login statistics.
- The Staff Usage and Summary Report will allow an Administrator to add a user from the subscription and filter users by grade band and status before selecting a time period and generating the usage report.
- Note that you can filter by both grade band and status simultaneously to view a focused group of users.
- Select Filter By Grade Band to select from the 6 different grade band options.
- Select Filter By Status to view users based on license status.
- Select Include Sample Students to include sample student data.
- Once users are chosen, select Add Selected to add the users to the report. Select a user from Teachers For Report and then Remove Selected to remove the user. Select Remove All to remove all users from the report.
- Once you have selected all of the users for the report, select Continue.
- Determine a time period for the report by selecting a Start Date and End Date. Press View Report to create the Staff Usage and Summary Export.
- Select the toggle if you wish to include sample student data, then select Export Results to create the .csv file. Note that the progress bar at the top of the page shows the report name, amount of faculty, and time period of the report.
- The Staff Usage and Summary Report will now download. Open the file to view logins. This report will also display student information including total student count and completed profile information.
How to interpret results:
Once you have pulled this report, you can look for areas that may need improvement.
If logins are low, consider ways to increase usage:
- Have service providers use our Professional Development courses to increase product knowledge.
- Speak with a member of our customer care team to create an implementation plan.
- Examine licenses and determine if a service provider requires a license extension or update.
- Look at the last login date to see if a service provider is using their account.
Note that some service providers in low tech environments use PDF resources and print lessons rather than using our online iDoc and Student View. This will make for a lower overall login count, however the Checkpoints and Benchmarks should still be updated and will give an indication of overall usage.
Columns J through Q on the CSV report contain the bulk of usable information. The information presented in these columns can be used to gather insight on key parts of staff usage.
- Column M shows the overall student count for the service provider.
- Review this column with the official class roster to make sure the student count is accurate.
- Column N shows student profiles completed.
- The amount of completed profiles should line up with the number in column M.
- Column O shows the amount of Benchmarks completed.
- Columns P and Q show the total amount of Checkpoints completed and the percentage of Checkpoints completed.
- We recommend completing each monthly Checkpoint to keep student profile information updated.
- Compare the amount of Checkpoints completed with the time period selected.
- Column J shows total logins.
- Total logins are system logins and are normalized per day, meaning that if a user logs in 5 times in one day, it will show 5 counts for that day.
- Column K shows Unique Learning System logins.