Administrators have access to a wide range of reporting tools to determine student success. One of the tools available in the Administrator Reports is the Benchmark Reports. These reports allow an Administrator to view reports related to student performance on Benchmark Assessments.
Benchmark Assessments are modified performance tools that provide data on selected skill areas. Teachers may select the areas of assessment that are appropriate for an individual student. Baseline data is generated from each assessment so they can be compared to monitor growth over a period of time.
Benchmark Reports Overview
There are four reports available under the Benchmark Reports menu.
- Class Summary allows an Administrator to view the most recent scores and skills for all students in a class. This report is useful for providing a quick view of where each student in the class has scored for each benchmark. The scores shown will be the most recent scores for each student.
- Individual Growth is used to measure score improvement or decline for a student over a designated period of time. When creating the report, select the desired time period to organize the results. In this report, a plus or minus is shown next to each benchmark to indicate growth or decline. This number is generated by comparing the results of the first benchmark taken within the selected time period with the most recent benchmark results
- Individual Summary is used to view the most recent scores and skill level for a student. This report gives a detailed look at a student’s current standing across all benchmarks over a selected time period. The summary section at the top of each category shows the student’s dominant skill level within the category.
- Raw Scores Export will allow an Administrator to download a .csv file containing score details for all students in a class or group of classes. This report gives a detailed look at a student’s current standing across all benchmarks and includes teacher-defined student ID, scoring level interpretation and date of completion.
How is the information collected?
The information presented in the Benchmark Reports is collected when teachers administer Benchmark Assessments to their students. Unlike Monthly Checkpoints, Benchmark Assessments are intended to be administered 2-4 times per year.
How to open the reports
- Log in to your account as an Administrator, open the Administration menu and select Reports.
- Select Benchmarks Reports.
- The Benchmarks Reports menu gives an Administrator a range of reports to view. Select from the options below to begin creating the report.
- The Benchmarks Reports are created by selecting teachers from the subscription to view their students’ Benchmark statistics. Select a teacher or classroom and then select Add Selected button to move them to Students For Report. If you need to remove a teacher or classroom from the report, select the teacher or classroom from Students For Report and select the Remove Selected button. The Remove All button will remove all that are listed in "Students for Report".
- Once you have added all of the teachers/classrooms for the report, select Continue.
- For the Individual Growth, Individual Summary and Raw Scores Export reports, set a time period for the report by selecting a start and end month. Then generate the report by selecting View Report.
- The report will now display. If running the Raw Scores Export, select Export Results to download the .csv file.
- Note that the progress bar at the top of the page shows the report name and details. Select a section of the progress bar to return to that section and make changes. Select Print to print the report or save it to your computer from the printing screen.
- For additional information on each report, select the question mark icon in the upper right corner of the report. This will open our help on the spot pop-ups offering an explanation of the page. Select Print to print the report or save it to your computer from the printing screen.