Class News is an interactive activity designed for classroom involvement in conjunction with the News-2-You weekly newspaper. With this online activity, students can create their very own newspaper. Class News uses a series of interactive screens that will keep your classroom involved, thinking and communicating about the world around them. It can be accessed from the Class News section of the News-2-You menu.
Class News allows students to pace themselves, which encourages participation and gives educators the opportunity to expand on a certain topic if necessary. It is also a great resource for parents to keep them informed about what's going on in the classroom.
It can be used in a variety of formats for presentation and interaction such as a laptop, Chromebook, tablet or whiteboard.
To Access Class News:
- Log in to your n2y.com account and select Class News from the News-2-You menu.
- Set the options for the paper. Each section, when enabled, will allow your students to interact and create news articles for the paper.
- Use the green arrows in the bottom left and right corners of the screen to navigate between sections.
- Once the class has completed all sections, their very own newspaper will be created using all the class responses.
- You will have the option to print the report or send it in an email to yourself. By making copies of the printed newspaper or sending the link of the newspaper to parents, they can further review at home.