A Subscription Manager is responsible for:
- Assigning licenses and roles.
- Changing grade bands where applicable.
- Renewing the subscription.
- Making account decisions.
The first steps of a Subscription Manager should be to:
- Review the Subscriptions
- Assign Administrators (applies to Unique Learning System Subscriptions only)
- Assign Licensed Users
Reviewing the Subscriptions
When reviewing subscriptions it is important to determine what applications are available, and how many licenses they have to assign. To do so:
- Sign in to n2y.com as a Subscription Manager.
- Select "Subscriptions" from the welcome page.
- Note the Applications column to determine what each subscription number corresponds with.
*Pro Tip: Use the Help on the Spot to reveal the applications key.
(Optional: If you have a large number of subscriptions, you may want to utilize the organizational features for more specific viewing options.)
- Note the Licenses Assigned column to determine the number of licenses already assigned out of the total number purchased. The difference between the two is the number of licenses available to be assigned.
- Gather the email address, first name and last name of each person who will need a license.
*Pro Tip: You can save time if you have a lot of people by using a spreadsheet and making each item its own column for this step.
Assigning Administrators & Licensed Users
- From the Store, select the menu and User Dashboard.
- Select the Continue button to advance through the User Setup Process Overview to learn about each role.
After advancing through the role description, you will be prompted to add users to your subscriptions. From here you can add users one at a time, or in bulk by uploading a CSV file.
Adding users one at a time via the wizard.
To add users one at a time:
- Enter the email address of the person you wish to assign to the role indicated in the upper left-hand corner.
- Please note that if you enter the email of an existing user, their first and last name will auto-populate. This information can be edited by the owner of the email address or by the Subscription Manager after the role has been accepted.
*Pro Tip: The bottom of the slide displays how many licenses are assigned and available (when applicable) for easy tracking.
Uploading a CSV file into the wizard.
Uploading a CSV file allows you to import multiple users at once. The CSV file format is widely recognized by many popular database and spreadsheet tools such as Excel or Google Sheets. Please note that you will need to access a spreadsheet software to use this function.
- Select the Import CSV button at the top of the slide.
- (Optional) Select the Download Template button for a starting point.
- Enter your users’ email addresses, first names and last names into the spreadsheet using your preferred spreadsheet software.
- Save your spreadsheet as a .CSV file.
- Select Browse to locate your saved CSV file or click and drag your file onto the slide to upload your CSV file.
- Make the appropriate selection for the “My file includes headers” checkbox.
- Select Continue.
- Use the Edit or Skip buttons as needed to make adjustments.
*Pro Tip: The required columns are listed at the bottom of the slide.
- Select Continue.
- Make a selection for the Reports To column if applicable.
- Use the Licenses Assigned column to add additional licenses to a user if desired.
- Select Continue.
You will now have the option to advance through your remaining solutions to add the same users. If you wish to use a different set of users, select Exit and the Add Users button to locate the appropriate Bulk Import feature and work from a different CSV file.
*Pro Tip: Use the Export Roster button to create a CSV file of existing users to quickly Bulk Import into a new subscription and edit as needed.