The Calendar view offers a comprehensive overview of your week and can be used to add additional content or make edits quickly. If managing multiple student schedules, the Calendar view will allow edits to be made to these individually.
This article will cover the following areas of the Calendar view:
- Opening the day/week calendar
- Editing content
- Adding new blocks
- Adding new student plans
- After logging into the Teacher Dashboard, select the toggle icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- The Calendar view will open and display your schedule.
- Toggle between Day or Week view to update the calendar.
- Toggle the Classroom Plans menu to add additional students or grade bands to the view.
- Check the boxes next to grade bands or students to add the Classroom Plans to your calendar.
Select a block in the calendar area to view the content for the day.
- Select the pencil icon to edit details for the entire block (date, time, subject)
- Select the plus icon to add new content to the block.
- Read the title, a short description and the estimated time requirement of the content on the content block.
- Select the three stacked squares to edit the content or move it to another block.
- An orange exclamation point on a resource indicates that content needs to be configured. Select this icon to choose content for the resource block.
Adding New Content Blocks
Add new content blocks to your schedule for single events that fall outside of your recurring schedule. New blocks can have Activities, Library Books or Core Materials added, or can be left open for changes from a normal class routine such as an assembly, field trip or a special event.
To add a new block:
- Select the circular plus icon next to the grade band or student to add a new block.
- Complete the Add Block pop-up window.
- To leave the block blank, select Save & Close. To add new content, select Add Content.
- The New Content menu will open. Select "Add Resource" and use the drop-down menu to choose from Activities (lessons or courses), search for a Library Book or add Core Materials to the schedule. Select Use Content to add the block to the schedule.
- Select "Save & Close" when complete.
Adding New Student Plans
Create individualized plans for students through the Student Plan wizard who don’t follow your main classroom schedule. Student Plans can be created for students who have different IEP goals and join different classrooms throughout the day.
- Select the Create New Student Plan icon from the Classroom Plans menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select a student from the classroom.
- The My Plan Setup wizard will launch to walk through creating a new Student Plan. Complete the steps in the wizard to create a new student plan.