The Teacher Dashboard is a simplified but powerful daily management hub. From one convenient place, you can coordinate your day and automatically deliver lessons to your students regardless of their learning environment - self-contained, resource room, and inclusive general education to home or virtual settings.
The Teacher Dashboard features include:
- Personalized lesson plans that reflect your schedule, show your state standards, and as an added bonus, can be printed.
- Automated lesson planning and interactive lesson delivery to students using Unique Learning System.
- Daily statuses and scores for work completed in Student View.
- The ability to view accommodations, add observational notes, and add scores for work done offline.
- The ability to control what students see in Student View after school hours with Homework.
This article will address several areas of the Teacher Dashboard. Select from the links below to navigate through the article.
Begin by building a classroom schedule which can be simplified to address remote learning. When you sign in to n2y.com for the first time, you will be prompted to set up your classroom schedule and your student roster. The setup wizard will guide you through entering your classroom’s schedule, allowing you to choose from a weekly, bi-weekly, or cyclical schedule type. Build your schedule quickly by dragging any of the pre-made subjects into your schedule list, including Other Schedule Items for blocking out time to play L3 Skills or to deliver weekly current events with News2you. You can also create custom events in your schedule and easily change the label to customize it for your classroom. Add times to each of your events - and just like that - your schedule is created!
When you’re finished creating your schedule, you’ll be prompted to set up your My Plan.
By creating a My Plan, you can deliver differentiated and interactive academic content to each student in their own personalized view. When you create a classroom my plan (lesson plan), Unique Learning System lesson activities are assigned for the month along with automatic documentation of your state standards for each activity. n2y's powerful workflow tool then automatically delivers assigned activities to students daily at their differentiation level with their appropriate accommodations and accessibility requirements.
A My Plan combines your schedule with Unique Learning System content, resulting in a customized plan that allows you to launch interactive lessons, document standards coverage, and view student daily performance from your Teacher Dashboard.
With the release of each new monthly unit, you will be able to set dates for when unit instruction should begin and end, as well as any days for the month where you will not be teaching your regular schedule.
With your schedule and My Plan set up, the lesson content for each day will display in the Today tab of the Teacher Dashboard. If multiple grade bands or student plans have been created, select them from the list. Student View will automatically display the content from the plan. Students with individual My Plans will see only the content on those plans. All other students will see the content from the classroom My Plan.
Each entry in a My Plan contains content for the subject that was selected when configuring the schedule. Each entry will display a title and short description of what will be accomplished in the lesson, along with the standards addressed.
Select from the action icons to open lesson plans and activities:
- Launch PDF materials.
- Launch iDoc lesson plans. Use Lesson Plans to prepare for class and deliver teacher-led instruction.
- Launch an activity for preparation or presentation purposes or as group work. The lesson plans indicate which activities should be presented as a group or as individual practice. If students will be completing the activities for a grade, have the students complete the work independently through their student login.
Additional Teacher Dashboard Features
Export Lesson Plan
Export Lesson Plan will allow you to export and print your plan to have a physical copy for reference or to submit to your administrator.
Select from the options to generate the plan for export. Choose to print or download the exported plan. Each day on the plan will show the lesson and activities as well as the standards that are addressed in the lesson.
For more information on downloading Lesson plans, click here.
Launch My Students directly from the dashboard to edit your student roster or Student View settings.
For more information on Student Login, visit our help article here.
The Teacher Reports area provides data reporting capabilities designed specifically to provide customized whole class, group, and individual reports of assessment performance. You can choose from Checkpoint, Benchmark, Profile, or Daily Performance reports.
For detailed information on Teacher Reports, visit our Knowledge Base article here.
The Homework button redirects to the My Students page. From there, you can set up your Homework Time and assign content as homework to individual students or your whole classroom.
For detailed information on assigning Homework, visit our Knowledge Base article here.
The Lesson Status section allows you to view if Monthly Lessons have been completed, partially completed, or not assigned to students.
For more information on Lesson Status, visit our help article here.
Daily Scores & Observations
The Daily Scores & Observations section directs back to the My Students page and allows you to record and view data on Student Daily Performance for scorable lesson activities.
For more information on Student Daily Performance, visit our help article here.
Unique Learning System Menu
To access other areas of the Unique Learning System subscriptions, open the menu in the top left corner of the screen.
The Edit Monthly Plans tab offers a comprehensive overview of your month and can be used to add additional content or make edits quickly. If managing multiple student schedules, this view will allow edits to be made to these individually.
Use the Edit Monthly Plans tab in the top right corner of the Teacher Dashboard to open the view.
Edit Monthly Plan View:
1. Use the edit Monthly Plan view to open and display your daily or weekly schedule.
- Toggle between Day or Week view to update the calendar.Toggle the Classroom Plans menu to add additional students or grade bands to the view.
2. Check the boxes next to grade bands or students to add the Classroom Plans to your calendar.
Editing Content Blocks:
Select a block in the Edit Monthly Plans area to view the content for the day.
- Select the copy icon to copy content to another block on an additional day(s).
- Select the plus icon to add new content to the block.
- Select the pencil icon to edit details for the entire block (date, time, subject).
- Read the title, a short description, and the estimated time requirement of the content on the content block.
- Select the move arrows to edit the content or move the content to another block.
- Select the arrow to see more information about the content.
- Select the re-assign icon to re-assign content now, at a later date, or as homework.
- An orange exclamation point on a resource indicates that content needs to be configured. Select this icon to choose content.
- The Suggested Content Icon indicates that there is suggested content that can be added to your plan. Suggestions include content for Core Materials or the Transition Passport that do not necessarily fit into a clear subject area. Select the icon to view suggestions, select content, and assign to your existing schedule blocks.
Adding New Content Blocks
Add new content blocks to your schedule for single events that fall outside of your recurring schedule. New blocks can have Activities, Library Books, or Core Materials added, or can be left open for changes from a normal class routine such as an assembly, field trip, or a special event.
Add a New Block:
- Select the circular plus icon next to the grade band or student to add a new block.
- Complete the Add Block pop-up window.
- To leave the block blank, select Save & Close. To add new content, select Add Content.
- The New Content menu will open. Select a category for the new content and complete the rest of the form.
- Select Selected Resources to add new content. Choose from Activities (lessons or courses), search for a Library Book, or add Core Materials to the schedule. Select Use Content to add the block to the schedule.