The Teacher Dashboard is a simplified but powerful daily management hub - helping you take charge of your day from one convenient place. Use the Teacher Dashboard to:
- Order activity content based on your daily schedule
- Launch lessons directly from your dashboard
- Automate the order of lessons in Student View
- Create individualized plans for students who don’t follow your main classroom schedule
This article will address several areas of the Teacher Dashboard. Select from the links below to navigate through the article.
When logging into the Teacher Dashboard for the first time you will be prompted to complete the My Plan Setup wizard. This automated wizard will set up your recurring monthly schedule populated with differentiated content from the Suggested Monthly Plan. Personalize the plan by adding in the time periods for each subject you teach and add in days where you will not teach your normal schedule.
Manage your Master Plan by dragging to reorder resources in a day or move from one day to another. Select here add additional content from the Suggested Monthly Plan or leave resource blocks open for your own content. Use the reset buttons to restore blocks to their original configuration.
With the release of each new monthly unit, the wizard will launch and prompt you to enter the date range where you will teach the content and any days for the month where you will not teach your regular schedule.
Once a recurring schedule is created through the Wizard setup, the lesson content for each day will display in the My Plan section of the Teacher Dashboard. If multiple grade bands or students plans have been created, select them from the list. Student View will automatically display the content from the plan.
Each entry in My Plan contains content for the subject that was selected when configuring the schedule. Each entry will display a title and short description of what will be accomplished in the lesson.
Select from the action icons to open lesson plans and activities.
- Launch PDF materials.
- Launch iDoc lesson plans. Use Lesson Plans to prepare for class and view the standards addressed throughout the lesson.
- Launch an activity for preparation or presentation purposes or as group work. The lessons plans indicate which activities should be presented as a group or as individual practice. (insert screeshot of this part of the lesson plan) If students will be completing the activities for a grade, have the students complete the work independently through their student login.
Additional Teacher Dashboard Features
Export Lesson Plan
Export Lesson Plan will allow you to export and print your plan to have a physical copy for reference or to submit to your administrator.
Select from the options to generate the plan for export. Choose to print or download the exported plan. Each day on the plan will show the lesson and activities as well as the standards that are addressed in the lesson.
For more infomration on downloading Lesson plans, click here.
Launch My students directly from the dashboard to edit your student roster or student view settings.
For more information on Student Login, visit our help article here.
The Teacher Reports area provides data reporting capabilities designed specifically to provide customized whole class, group and individual reports of assessment performance.
Choose from Checkpoint, Benchmark or Profile reports.
For detailed information on Teacher Reports, visit our Knowledge Base article here.
My Plan Wizard
Select My Plan Wizard to reconfigure your plan if there are changes or additions to your teaching schedule. We recommend this only if there are major changes to your recurrent schedule, or changes that require creating a new Master Plan from scratch.
Unique Learning System Menu
To access other areas of the Unique Learning System subscriptions, open the menu in the top left corner of the screen.
The Calendar view offers a comprehensive overview of your week and can be used to add additional content or make edits quickly. If managing multiple student schedules, the Calendar view will allow edits to be made to these individually.
Use the toggle button in the top right corner of the Teacher Dashboard to open the Calendar view.
The Calendar View
- Use the Calendar view to open and display your daily or weekly schedule.
- Toggle between Day or Week view to update the calendar.
- Toggle the Classroom Plans menu to add additional students or grade bands to the view.
- Check the boxes next to grade bands or students to add the Classroom Plans to your calendar.
Editing Content Blocks
Select a block in the calendar area to view the content for the day.
- Select the pencil icon to edit details for the entire block (date, time, subject)
- Select the plus icon to add new content to the block.
- Read the title, a short description and the estimated time requirement of the content on the content block.
- Select the three stacked squares to edit the content or move it to another block.
- An orange exclamation point on a resource indicates that content needs to be configured. Select this icon to choose content for the resource block.
Adding New Content Blocks
Add new content blocks to your schedule for single events that fall outside of your recurring schedule. New blocks can have Activities, Library Books or Core Materials added, or can be left open for changes from a normal class routine such as an assembly, field trip or a special event.
To add a new block:
- Select the circular plus icon next to the grade band or student to add a new block.
- Complete the Add Block pop-up window.
- To leave the block blank, select Save & Close. To add new content, select Add Content.
- The New Content menu will open. Select a category for the new content and complete the rest of the form.
- Select Selected Resources to add new content. Choose from Activities (lessons or courses), search for a Library Book or add Core Materials to the schedule. Select Use Content to add the block to the schedule.
Adding New Student Plans
Create individualized plans for students through the Student Plan wizard who don’t follow your main classroom schedule. Student Plans can be created for students who have different IEP goals and join different classrooms throughout the day.
- Select the Create New Student Plan icon from the Classroom Plans menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select a student from the classroom.
- The My Plan Setup wizard will launch to walk through creating a new Student Plan. Complete the steps in the wizard to create a new student plan.