Checkpoint and Benchmark Assessments cannot be assigned in Student View. They are only accessible via the teacher login in the n2y GPS. This increases the validity and merit of the assessments by allowing teachers to:
- Proctor the assessment with the proper directions.
- Simulate the environment and experience students will have during state testing.
- Provide appropriate accommodations.
- Students should be provided the accommodations they would normally be provided within the classroom as long as it does not alter the skill being assessed. For example, reading aloud to a student would be an appropriate accommodation to test reading comprehension, but it would not provide an accurate reflection of a student’s decoding skills.
- Regulate exposure to the assessments to accurately measure growth.
- Record relevant observations.
- Improve data integrity.