This complimentary online orientation, integrated into your learning platform and available 24/7, is designed to support your initial implementation and efficiently train every new teacher or service provider.
- Pro Tip: Submit your certificate to school leadership when complete.
A Classroom Schedule is required to use Positivity. Users may only have one Classroom Schedule. Optional additional Schedules can only be created for individual unique learners. Please note that a student must be added first, before a Schedule can be created for them. Schedules dictate the content that appears on the Class Visual Schedule, the Events that the Strategies can be implemented in, and Alarm settings. If unique learners do not have an individual Student Schedule, they will see the content related to the Classroom Schedule.
Students need to be added in order to have data recorded to them in Positivity.
- Pro Tip: Be sure not to skip steps for Student Login and seating your students during this process.
Quickly documenting incidents and achievements will develop a baseline of data. This will allow you to look for patterns and identify opportunities to implement strategies.
Add a custom image or symbol to an Event to personalize your Visual Schedule(s).
- Pro Tip: SymbolStix PRIME subscribers have access to the full SymbolStix Library to select symbols.
Students must be logged in to track strategy delivery on an individual basis.
The Implementation Guides provide:
- A summary of the evidence-based strategy or feature built into Positivity
- Why it is important
- How to implement it
Visual Schedules allow students to see what comes next, helping them to anticipate activities and transition when there is a change in schedule. The on-demand Breath Strategy can be used to teach Individuals with disabilities to manage and regulate their emotions and behaviors.
All students who do not have an individual schedule will see the Classroom Schedule and strategies by default. In order to provide a student with a different strategy from the class, they must have their own individual schedule.
- Pro Tip: Save time by using the option to create a student’s schedule “based on the classroom schedule” if the student’s schedule is similar to or the same as the rest of the class.
Strategies can be created in advance from the Strategies page in Positivity or ad hoc from a Schedule.
- Pro Tip: You can modify a sample strategy to personalize it or use it as a template for a new topic.
- Pro Tip: You can set an incentive chart for an entire day on any schedule.
View your recording progress with a quick glimpse of data on the Simple Data page.
Weeks 5 & Beyond
Multiple report options are available for four report types.
- Planned Strategy Assignment
- Strategy Usage
- Achievement Reporting
- Incident Reporting
- Pro Tip: Look for instances of students navigating away from strategies improperly. This can indicate that the student doesn’t know how to access the strategy, or that it may be losing its effectiveness.
Update schedules to accommodate missing events such as restroom breaks or changes. Update strategies to grow with each unique learner over time.