Viewing Data in Positivity
Positivity simplifies behavior data collection to provide more accurate insight into a student's behavior throughout the day. A quick glimpse of data can be found on the Simple Data Page, and more details can be found in the My Reports section.
The Simple Data Page
Select your student’s avatar in the Current Status section on the Home screen or the Current Status page in Positivity to view the simple data page.
Choose a view such as Today, Week, Month or Range. Selecting range will allow you to select a date up to one year prior. By default Achievements, Incentives and Strategies will be shown, but results can be narrowed by switching from All to Achievements, Incentives or Strategies.
The Breaks category displays the number of breaks initiated by a student via the Break Strategy.
Breath Strategies displays the number for On-Demand Breath Strategies a student received. Note that students must be logged in to student view in order to receive an On Demand Breath Strategy delivered to the entire class.
Incentives display the number of incentives a student was awarded during the selected time frame. Please note that this does not count the individual tokens awarded, only incentives earned.
Incidents and Achievements display all recorded incidents that included your student. Please note that this will include incidents and achievements that were recorded to the whole class if your student was logged in. The incidents and achievements can be viewed in the area below. If they were recorded during an event they will be listed under the event. Notes can be added using the Add Note button. Incidents/achievements and notes will be listed in the order they were added.
Access the Positivity Reports area by selecting Reports from the My Account menu, and then selecting Positivity. Multiple report options are available for four report types.
- Planned Strategy Assignment
- Strategy Usage
- Achievement Reporting
- Incident Reporting
Learn more about reporting options here.
Recording Data in Positivity
Ideally, incidents and achievements are recorded immediately via the On Demand button. If this opportunity is missed, teachers can record the incident directly to the event in the past from this page.
To record an incident from the Simple Data page:
1. Switch the view to the desired time frame (Today, Week, or Month).
2. Scroll down to locate the appropriate day and event.
3. Select the Add Achievement or Add Incident button as desired.
4. Select the checkbox if the achievement or incident occurred prior to the time you are recording and provide the correct time.
- Pro-Tip: You have the option to enter the amount of time an incident occurred.
6. Enter any desired notes.
7. Select the Add button.
Content in the right-hand column displays with anything that is currently active for the student. This includes any incentives their student selected, what event they are currently in, and alarms for that student.
The image under the Incentive heading will indicate which incentive your student has chosen to work toward.
Adding Notes & Correcting the Time
Ideally, achievements and incidents are recorded via the On-Demand button at the time they occur. The option to correct the time or include notes for context can be completed from the Current Status page.
To add notes to an Achievement of Incident without any notes:
1. Select the pencil icon next to the Incident or Achievement.
2. Select the Checkbox if the time was incorrect and enter the correct time. (Optional)
3. Add Notes as desired. (Optional)
4. Select Save.
To add notes to any event, or an additional note to an Achievement or Incident:
1. Select the Add Note button next to the event.
2. Add notes as desired.
3. Select Save.
To print a record of the Simple Data page:
1. Switch the view to the desired time frame (Today, Week, Month or Range).
2. Select the Print button.
To print or save a record of a report:
- Run the desired Positivity Report.
- Select the Print icon at the upper right-hand corner.