Teachers can assign specific activities to students as homework in Unique Learning System. For students with unique learning needs, consistent support in school and at home is key to successful outcomes. Unique Learning System offers a crucial school-to-home connection to keep students on a path to success around the clock.
Students can then use their student login at home to complete homework. Scorable homework activities will automatically collect data in Student Daily Performance.
In order for homework hours to be displayed, a homework start time must be set up. When the start time begins, no other activities assigned in Unique Learning System will be accessible. Note: start time should be after the school day has ended as this will override the activities appearing in Student View for the day.
To set a start time:
- Navigate to the My Students under My Account.
- Select the Homework Time at the top of the page.
- Type the desired time.
- OR select the clock icon to select a time and then select the checkmark to save it.
- Select Update.
Homework can be assigned from the My Students page by completing the following steps:
- Select My Students from the My Account menu.
- Select Add Assignment(s) in the upper right corner of the page.
- Select the desired content type from the drop down menu.
- Select the Add button next to the desired content.
- Pro Tip: You can use the filters at the top to narrow your results, and select multiple content during this step.
- Pro Tip: Content that is grade band specific can only be assigned to students in that grade band.
Homework can be assigned from the Unit Lessons page by completing the following steps:
- Select Unit Lessons from the Unique Learning System menu.
- Select the desired month at the top of the page.
- Select View Activities under the desired lesson.
- Pro Tip: You can use the menu on the left to quickly locate lessons by subject.
- Pro Tip: Grade band specific content can not be assigned to students who do not have that grade band.
Homework can be assigned from the My Plan by completing the following steps:
- Sign in to n2y.com.
- Select the orange snowflake to launch Unique Learning System.
- Open Calendar View by toggling from the Teacher Dashboard.
- Select the desired content block.
- Select the arrow next to the desired activity.
- Select the Re-assign button.
- Select Re-assign on as Homework.
- Select your desired preferences.
- Select the Save button.
Click here for more information on different student login types. Click here for more information on providing access in the home setting, including downloadable pre-written letters for parents and family to support students in the process.