Student activities from Unique Learning System populate in Student View based on the classroom’s schedule and My Plan.
The schedule dictates the day and time a subject is taught and the My Plan dictates which Monthly Unit, lessons and activities will populate.
If no activities or content are populating when your students log into Student View, we recommend checking the following:
- Do you have Custom Schedule Blocks?
- Did you create an empty My Plan?
- Do your students have individual student plans?
Do you have Custom Schedule Blocks?
When creating your schedule, there is an option to create a custom block. If selected, no subject area is identified and your My Plan will not pre-populate content. You can identify if you used custom blocks under My Schedules > Edit Schedule > Subject Area. The drop down menu indicated in the image below will show the selected subject area. Directions on editing your schedule can be found here: edit your schedule.
How to Modify a Custom Block
In order for content to appear, you will need to modify your custom block. There are two ways to do this:
- Update the block from Custom to the subject area from the edit My Schedules page using the drop down menu, locating your subject area and selecting save.
- Manually add content to the Custom block on your My Plan for each month. This is done from the calendar view of your My Plan located on the Teacher Dashboard. Directions can be found here. Please note, if you create your own My Plan, it can be saved as a Template and used in later months.
Did you create an Empty My Plan?
When creating your My Plan you are prompted to select if you follow our Suggested Monthly Plan or if you would like to create an empty My Plan and add content manually.
When opting not to follow the Suggested Monthly Plan, content must be added manually. You can update your My Plan at any time to follow our Suggested Monthly Plan by re-creating your My Plan. Directions on this can be found here.
Do your students have Individual Student Plans?
After creating an Individual Student Plan for your student(s), content may not appear for the same reasons as your classroom My Plan. Your Individual Student Plans can be viewed by selecting the student’s icon on the Teacher Dashboard, and can be edited/removed from the Calendar View. Directions can be found here.
Please note, if your students follow the classroom schedule / My Plan you can remove the student schedule and they will then follow your classroom My Plan.
Also recommended are the following videos for additional support creating your schedule or your plan: