n2y Solutions do not require any extra installation of software or apps. It has a flexible format that grows with the student regardless of setting. Simply log into the program from any device that meets our system requirements.
On an iPad, a shortcut and guided access can be set up to create an app-like experience if needed. Guided access can stop students from closing the browser, accessing the address bar, and from opening other apps to minimize their ability to exit Student View. Guided access can be started and stopped as needed with a single set up. Steps showing this can be found below.
Adding n2y to the homescreen:
- Go to student.n2y.com.
- Select the Share button.
- Add to Homescreen.
- Name the shortcut.
- Select Add.
Setting up Guided Access:
- Navigate to the iPad Settings.
- Open Accessibility
- Select Guided Access.
- Toggle On Guided Access.
- Select Passcode Settings.
- Set Guided Access Passcode.
- Open the n2y shortcut
- Triple click on the Home button to start guided access.
- Triple click on the Home button and enter the Passcode to open the settings.
- Use your finger to draw around the address bar at the top of the student login page.
- Pro Tip: You can disable the hardware buttons such as the Home button and volume controls under Options.
- Select Resume.