Determining the Origin of the Materials
Unique Learning System provides the Monthly Lessons in 3 formats. As each of these formats contains slightly different content based on the intended audience and use case, the number of pages will vary. However, the grade band, unit theme, lesson number, lesson name, and the titles of the related materials are indicated on the bottom of every page regardless of format. Please note that if accessing via an iDoc you may have to zoom in order to read this information.
- Pro-Tip: Use the blue Go button in the iDoc to provide a table of contents to help you locate the materials quickly.
The 3 formats Unique Learning System provides lessons in are:
- An iDoc format tailored to service providers.
- A PDF format tailored to service providers.
- An iDoc format tailored to students.
iDocs for Service Providers
An iDoc per lesson is available to Service Providers in the Monthly Lessons section of Unique Learning System. Alternatively, iDocs of specific activities can be launched from the Teacher Dashboard. This version of the materials includes full directions and materials for all 3 differentiated levels. Books are also provided in all available levels. Materials provided in this format only include activities that are interactive. Service providers can use this format to preview materials or to demo to the class. Please note that data is only recorded from Student View.
- Pro-Tip: The Lesson at a Glance page will indicate materials that are available in the PDF format only with a printer icon.
PDFs for Service Providers
A PDF copy of each individual lesson is available from the Monthly Lessons section in Unique Learning System. This document includes full directions and materials for all 3 differentiated levels and is designed for printing. Books are also provided in all available levels. Service providers can use these materials to support their classrooms as needed. Bulk download PDF formats are also available on the Monthly Lessons page.
- Pro-Tip: Download the All Lesson Plans and Activities PDF along with the accompanying Printing Guide from the Monthly Lessons section of Unique Learning System to quickly determine which page numbers to print for specific content. For districts that use print only, tally the number of students at each differentiated level to know how many copies of each set of pages to print.
Please note that some materials are available in the PDF format only as they are designed to be completed with a printed copy.
iDocs in Student View
The content in Student View is tailored to each student. Directions are not included as the lessons are designed to be service provider-led. Students will only see the interactive iDoc materials appropriate for their differentiated level as determined by their profile. They will only see the book at the level available that is most appropriate as indicated by settings configured in their Student View.