The Reading Observation is provided so that teachers can perform running records with a familiar text. It is typically recommended that passages for running records be 100 to 150 words in length. Our lower level books do not usually have this much text and do not meet that recommendation. However, the Reading Level Benchmark Assessment within the n2y GPS may also provide the information needed. Reading passages for this assessment are specially written from levels A – F/G and these modified fluency passages are scored for an accuracy rating and comprehension.
Articles in this section
- Why Can’t I Access the n2y GPS?
- How Do I View What My Students Have Completed?
- How Does the Profile Connect to a Student's IEP?
- Where Do I Find the Spelling Words? Can I Get the Spelling Words in Advance?
- Can I Download Summer September Lessons?
- How Do I See the Content on My Plan for the Next Day/Week/Month?
- Will the Content in the Unique Learning System Materials be Updated to Reflect What is Going on in the World Today?
- What Type of Assessments are There in Unique Learning System? What is the Difference Between a Monthly Checkpoint and a Benchmark Assessment?
- Why Doesn't the Reading Observation Cover Level A or aa?
- Why is my student getting a "Keep Working" or "Save and Exit" message in Student View?