Remote learning tools such as Google Classroom, Canvas, and many others have great ways to organize information and lessons for your students and their parents or caregivers. You can take a number of steps to use your n2y solutions along with these organizational tools to provide a great remote learning experience for both you and your students.
Remote Learning Platforms and n2y Student Login
Remote learning platforms, such as Google Classroom, are a great place to include the link to either the Student Login Page (student.n2y.com) or directly to your Classroom Login Link, depending on the login method that your students are using. n2y’s Student Login gives students independent access to Student View. Students must be seated in Unique Learning System, Positivity, News-2-You, or L3 Skills and have settings enabled and configured to support the student’s differentiated level and accessibility settings.
Lessons and activities that are assigned and accessed through Student View feature n2y’s iDoc format include interactive features such as text-to-speech, visual and auditory feedback about answers, and other interactive tools based on the activity and the student’s differentiated settings. Student Login automatically captures data on the student’s performance within each activity, including accuracy and responsiveness (for level 1 learners).
If your remote learning platform or LMS supports LTI 1.0 Basic Launch, you may be able to set up a single sign-on directly from that tool. Click here to learn more.
If you are using Google classroom, you may also benefit from setting up Google Single Sign-On for your student, which will help them navigate easily from the platform they are using and automatically sign in to their n2y student view. Click here for more information about setting up Google Single Sign-On for your students.
How to Set Up n2y Solutions with Other Remote Learning Tools:
- Set up your students with Student Login.
- Include the n2y Student Login Link (student.n2y.com) or your Classroom Login Link in your digital classroom space (Google Classroom, Canvas, etc).
- Set up your n2y My Plan to populate the appropriate lessons each day.
- Include the Resources for Parents and Caregivers link in your digital classroom space.
- Set Expectations for daily use. “You'll receive any important communication from me (your teacher) through google classroom and then you will launch right into your lessons for that day by clicking the link to your student view.”
- Review your student's lesson and activity completion data.
Want more information and support for engaging in remote and/or brick and mortar settings this fall?