Creating a simplified password will allow service providers to grant students independent access to their Student View. Students must have at least one method of student login enabled to gain access to the monthly lessons in Student View. Teachers can enable student login for an individual student, or all of their students at once.
Step 1: Enable Student Logins
- Navigate to the My Students section in My Account using the menu in the upper left-hand corner.
- Select "Setup student login." under the desired student, OR the settings icon next to their name if they already have a login method setup.
- Select the arrow next to the Login Settings to expand the section (if applicable).
- Select the checkbox for Simplified Password.
- Enter and confirm the new password for your student.
- Select Save.
To enable student logins for multiple or all students:
- Select multiple students by checking the boxes next to each avatar.
- Pro Tip: You can only set student login for students on your roster. Use the On My Roster tab at the top of the screen and the Select All checkbox to quickly select all your students.
- Pro Tip: For security purposes you will not have access to view student passwords again, but you have the ability to change the password if needed.
Step 2: Locate and Provide the Classroom Code
A unique classroom code is located in the upper right-hand corner of the My Students page. This code can be used by students when signing in to gain access to the materials configured for them. This code does not expire, but a new one can be generated by selecting the classroom code and then the Generate New Classroom Code button in the event that you feel the code has been compromised. The Print Classroom Code button will provide a template for cards to print out for students. It has the classroom code and a spot to record their individual simplified password.
Step 3: Logging In With Students
- Navigate to student.n2y.com.
- Pro Tip: Multiple parties can not be logged in to the n2y site on the same device at the same time. If sharing devices, ensure that the previous teacher, service provider or student has fully logged out first.
After a classroom code has been entered, it may be saved depending on your browser settings. Codes can be cleared by selecting Clear Classroom Selection if multiple classrooms are sharing the same devices.